I am a Navy Junior ROTC Cadet. I strive to promote patriotism and become an informed and responsible citizen.
I respect in those in position of authority. I support those who have defended freedom and democracy around the world.
I proudly embrace the Navy's core values of honor, courage, and commitment.
I am committed to excellence and fair treatment of all.
Tip: Try to memorize the beginning word/s (underlined) if you're having trouble.
1. Take charge of this post and all government property in view.
2. Walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert, and observe everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
3. Report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
4. Repeat all calls from posts more distant the guardhouse or quarterdeck than my own.
5. Quit my post only when instructed to leave.
6. Receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relives me all orders from the Commanding Officer, Command Duty Officer, Officer of the Day, Officers and Petty Officers of the watch only.
7. Talk to no one except in the line of duty.
8. Give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
9. Call the Corporal of the Guard or Officer of the Deck in any case not covered by instructions.
10. Salute all Officers, all colors and standards not cased.
11. Be especially watchful at night and during the time for challenging, challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.
Tip: Keep up with the news, as the Chain of Command can change. Just this year, the Secretary of Defense changed from Chuck Hagel to Ashton Carter.
President, Commander in Chief The Honorable Barrack Obama
Vice President The Honorable Joe Biden
Secretary of State The Honorable John Kerry
Secretary of Defense The Honorable Ashton Carter
Secretary of Navy The Honorable Ray Maybus
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin E. Dempsey
Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Jonathan Greenert
Commandant of Marine Corps General Joseph Dunford
Naval Education and Training Command (NETC) Rear Admiral Richard Brown
Naval Service and Training Command (NSTC) Rear Admiral Richard Brown
Area 8 Manager Commander Merlin Ladner
MCPON MCPON Mike Stevens
Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps Sergeant Major Michael Barrett
Senior Naval Science Instructor LCDR Thompson
Naval Science Instructor Sergeant Major Francis
Naval Science Instructor Senior Chief Thompson
c/Commanding Officer c/Captain Brian Thompson
c/Executive Officer c/Commander Katelin Hayes
c/Command Master Chief c/Master Chief Jason Mitchell
E1 Seaman Recruit SR
E2 Seaman Apprentice SA
E3 Seaman SN
E4 Petty Officer 3rd Class PO3
E5 Petty Officer 2nd Class PO2
E6 Petty Officer 1st Class PO1
E7 Chief Petty Officer CPO
E8 Senior Chief Petty Officer SCPO
E9 Master Chief Petty Officer MCPO
E10 MCPO of the Navy MCPON
O1 Ensign ENS
O2 Lieutenant Junior Grade LTJG
O3 Lieutenant LT
O4 Lieutenant Commander LCDR
O5 Commander CDR
O6 Captain CAPT
O7 Rear Admiral Lower Half RDML
O8 Rear Admiral Upper Half RADM
O9 Vice Admiral VADM
O10 Admiral ADM
O11 Fleet Admiral FADM
E1 Private PVT
E2 Private First Class PFC
E3 Lance Corporal LCPL
E4 Corporal CPL
E5 Sergeant SGT
E6 Staff Sergeant SSGT
E7 Gunnery Sergeant GYSGT
E8 Master Sergeant MSGT
E8 First Sergeant 1STSGT
E9 Master Gunnery Sergeant MGYSGT
E9 Sergeant Major SGTMAJ
E9 SgtMaj of the Marine Core SMC
O1 2nd Lieutenant 2NDLT
O2 1st Lieutenant 1STLT
O3 Captain CAPT
O4 Major MAJ
O5 Lieutenant Colonel LTCOL
O6 Colonel COL
O7 Brigadier General BGEN
O8 Major General MAJGEN
O9 Lieutenant General LTGEN
O10 General GEN